AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Senior Software Product Manager - SAMD in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Senior Software Product Manager – South San Francisco, CA or Gaithersburg, MD
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
AstraZeneca is seeking a Senior Software Product Manager to join our Technology Innovation and Delivery Excellence (TIDE) Platform product team and support the cloud engineering and application development team. In this role, you will drive both customer and business value by identifying digital / software product opportunities with or without connected medical devices. You will do this by collaborating with multiple business stakeholders in our Science and Commercial business, IT units at Gaithersburg, Cambridge and Sweden to deliver on the vision, strategy, and innovative customer experiences leveraging data science across Patient, Physician and Business facing digital tools powered by Data and Machine Learning.
You have extensive past experience as a product manager working on software for medical devices which has heavy emphasis on quality management systems, FDA / regulatory aspects, security and privacy aspects.
You have extensive experience in leading software mobile applications with connected medical devices in iOS and Android including working with third party SDKs
You are comfortable working with many different business and product teams and can break down and solve complex problems. This position requires high communication and collaboration skills as this is a cross-functional, cross-team cutting position. You communicate in a clear and concise manner and are comfortable interacting with executives and other stakeholder groups to build consensus, define an approach for prioritization, communicate project status, and escalations on a regular basis.
What you will do:
The product manager is a member the TIDE team at AstraZeneca and will manage a product from early opportunities to launch. The Product Manager will own the product requirements and backlog. The position will work with all development departments (Engineering, QA, and UX) to ensure that product vision and business needs are fulfilled throughout all stages of the development process.
• Coordinate, support, and lead a product from initiation through completion.
• Take high level business objectives and market requirements and translate them into detailed product requirements, while getting alignment and acting as a liaison with business units.
• Coordinate the development of product s iterations by owning the Agile/SDLC meetings and providing clear and detailed definitions and priorities that guide the work of the teams.
• Possess a deep understanding of product details to be able to manage the roadmap and rapidly make tradeoff decisions, continually adjusting direction as the market changes or due to any other change requests or needs.
• Ensure the product meets a consistent quality standard by ensuring the team adheres to the internal Quality Management System and guidelines, and any governmental Regulatory Systems the product operates under.
• Drive product launches and releases including working with commercial and managing the product life cycle post-launch, support and release management.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field and 7 years of professional work experience or Masters Degree/MBA and 5 years of professional work experience
• 5+ years of software product management experience, preferably in mobile/app development, medical device or healthcare.
• Strong understanding of platform, web, mobile app, and backend solutions.
• Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies, scrum-master.
• Proven and successful track record with bringing a product and team from early stages to a finalized and polished product.
• Experience writing clear and concise yet comprehensive Product Requirements documents and other specifications (PRD).
• Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management.
• Experience in developing commercial software products.
• Experience with regulatory (FDA, CE), privacy (HIPAA), and security constraints and requirements preferred
• Experience with sensor or medical device mobile apps, or products in
• Ability to lead discussions among senior stakeholders with various backgrounds and lead into a decision.
• Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.